Want to look younger, feel younger, think younger?
Looking young for as long as possible is not some expensive, magical process. Natural anti aging is all about taking care of yourself both inside and out. No one wants to feel or look older than they should, and although it’s not possible to completely halt the aging process, there are lots of natural ways to slow it down.
The true meaning of staying young is being physically and mentally fit. The good news is that you can stay younger for longer. Find out how here how to restore a youthful glow the natural way – without drugs, surgery or expensive products. There are loads of anti aging foods, supplements and exercises that can help to keep those dreaded wrinkles away!
What makes us age?
Factors that make your face and body age
A combination of factors is responsible for the speed at which we age:
Genetics – genes do control how quickly the normal ageing process kicks in – some people notice their first grey hairs in their twenties, others not until they hit forty.
The Sun – UV radiation damages the DNA of skin cells. Freckles, age spots, spider veins, rough skin, wrinkles and even skin cancer can all be caused by over exposure to the sun.
Gravity – the constant pull of gravity on our skin, slowly becomes evident in falling eyelids, longer earlobes, jowls and a droop in the tip of the nose.
Facial Expressions – repetitive facial movements lead to fine lines and wrinkles, each time we use a facial muscle a groove forms under the skin – but remember, frowning uses a lot more facial muscles than smiling!
Stress – Recent studies show that stress causes physical changes in the body that can accelerate aging. Chronic stress appears to hasten the shriveling of the tips of the bundles of genes inside cells, which shortens their life span and speeds the body’s deterioration. Relaxation tips.
Diet – when our diet is inadequate problems occur both internally and externally. Diet and nutrition tips for staying young.
Sleeping Positions – resting your face on the pillow the same way, year after year, can lead to wrinkles. They are called sleep lines, and at first they disappear when you get up but in time they become etched on your face.
Smoking – damages you both inside and outside. Pursing your lips around a cigarette quickens the formation of the fine vertical lines around your mouth. Likewise, squinting when smoke gets into your eyes can cause premature wrinkling of the eyelids.
Ways to Slow the Aging Process
Simple, inexpensive ways to beat the aging process
1. Use sunblock during the day – this is the single most important thing you can do for your skin. Try to stay out of the sun at mid-day. Remember to apply it to those forgotten areas too such as the neck, hands and décolletage.
2. Drink more water – it’s suggested that we drink 8 to 10 glasses a day. At first this takes a bit of getting used to, but you will be amazed at how much better you feel and look. Drinking more water hydrates the body tissues and helps to flush out any toxins which can damage your skin.
3. Exercise – even if it’s just a short walk every day. Exercise improves your muscle tone and prevents your skin from sagging. It also keeps your muscles, joints and heart strong.
4. Facial massage – you can do this whilst cleansing your face at night, or using massage oil, sweet almond is a good one as this is very nourishing but not too greasy.
5. Facial exercises – there are 44 muscles in the face and toning these muscles can give you a brighter appearance, a natural lift , smoother skin and lead to a younger look. Try and do them every day, get into a routine such as doing them when you are watching the television. Click here for full directions.
6. Get enough Omega 3 in your diet – upping your intake of Omega 3 can help your skin to look younger and boost your brain power. Omega 3 is an essential fatty acid and fatty acids are vital for the proper functioning of every cell in your body. Oily fish and walnuts are a good source.
7. Exercise your brain keeping your brain active can help ward off dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Keep your brain challenged, keep learning new things, get a hobby, these are all ways to stop your brain declining.
8. Relax – stress affects the whole body, particularly the nervous system, the immune system and the digestive system. It shows on your face in the form of very ageing frown lines. It’s essential to de-stress and there are many different ways to do this. Try yoga, visualisation, tai chi or meditation. Listening to relaxation music is extremely beneficial especially at a tempo of 60 bpm. This will slow your breathing and thus lower your heart rate and blood pressure.
9. Eat well – eating a well-balanced diet, low in fat and high in fibre, that’s rich in fruits and vegetables will not only help prolong your life but also make you look younger and feel better. Tuck into foods that contain high amounts of antioxidants, to protect cells from age-accelerating free-radical damage. Try blueberries, blackberries, prunes, strawberries, kiwis and beans and pulses.
10. Positive thinking – research has shown that having a positive mental attitude can dramatically slow down the ageing process.
More Anti-Aging Tips!
More Anti-Aging Tips!
Try these tips to keep you younger, longer
Be Happy! Read this Anti-Aging Secrets for Aging Gracefully.
1. Get enough sleep – getting your beauty sleep is not a myth! Your body goes into repair mode while you are sleeping, helping to repair damaged tissues. Lack of sleep makes your skin look dull and dry.
2. Don’t sip through straws! – doctors say that this can contribute to wrinkles.
3. Drink green tea – the well-documented antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities in green tea are likely to slow down the development of some signs of aging.
4. Wear sunglasses.
5. Limit alcohol – alcohol can leave skin dry and lead to broken capillaries and a ruddy complexion. More dangerously, having more than two drinks daily may greatly decrease one’s life span and increase the risk of liver, brain and cardiovascular disease and certain cancers.
6. Cut down on sugar – excessive amounts of sugar react with the proteins in your skin and speeds up the ageing process.
7. Try ginseng – this herb could fight aging by reducing stress, protecting against free-radical damage and helping you sleep.
8. Go nuts! – just one brazil nut a day contains your daily recommended amount of selenium – essential for glowing skin.
9. Laugh a lot. Watch funny films, read funny books – laughter truly is the best medicine. www.jokes.com
10. Add aromatherapy oil to your face cream – when you apply your face cream add just one drop of aromatherapy oil and massage into your face. Frankincense and neroli are particularly good and well known for their anti aging properties.
11. Walk tall! Good posture makes you instantly look younger.
12. Eat slower. This means that you chew your food for longer which not only helps your digestion but acts as a work out for your facial muscles.